Monday, March 12, 2018

2018 LIFT Lenten Series (Week 3: March 12-18)



Throughout our sessions of LIFT, we will be using our Faith 5 model of discipleship:  Share, Read, Talk, Pray, and Bless.

Share Highs and Lows for the week, day, month (whatever you choose)


Read our weekly scripture


  Jeremiah 31: 31-34

 The days are surely coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant that I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt—a covenant that they broke, though I was their husband,* says the LordBut this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. No longer shall they teach one another, or say to each other, ‘Know the Lord’, for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and remember their sin no more. 


Talk about the scripture and the discussion questions below

1) What about the scripture or reading captured your imagination this week? 

2) What is the "new" thing that needs to happen in your life of faith today? This week? 

3) Remember a time when God did not abandon you and you felt God's presence?


Pray for and with each other (or share the Lord's Prayer together)


Bless each other with a sign of the cross saying "God loves you and so do I"

No comments:

Post a Comment